Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Conscience that is free is one that knows the blood of Jesus and what He has done

haha! yes i'm back. i'm really sorry for taking one week to fulfill my promise of being back here... been a busy week but an enjoyable one. full of Jesus and learning the practical things from the word of God.

so anw this is from last week but i think it's powerful and if anyone chooses to take this seriously, your life will never be the same. i was reading 1 thessalonians (it's this book that i've known is in the bible but i've probably never read in my 19 years). and it says that you can choose to take the things that are preached over the pulpit or shared as the words of God instead of the words of men. because the words of men has no use. but the word of God works in you. working in is manifesting itself, being MIGHTY in.

so anw last week i was going through some issues. haha. no seriously. i had this problem that i couldn't overcome. and the more i tried to overcome it the more i couldn't. and the more i couldn't the more i felt condemned. i mean it is very real rite... when you can't overcome a problem. so my conscience kept condemning me and it was really tough. the worst part was when i subconsciously started condemning myself for it.

so my breakthrough started happening during the combined service when Pastor Chin preached a really good message on overcoming. (actually my fav part was when he started talking abt how girls should value themselves but tt's another thing altogether). then at the end there was ministering and he said "whoever is trying to break out of habits or going through something come up and let the leaders lay hands."

actually i wasn't going to go up. because i felt like it would be so embarrassing. but something stepped out from inside of me and before i knew it i was up. and one coach came to pray for me. and the things she said really spoke straight to my heart. straight to my challenge. straight to my bad habits. so one thing that she said that is really what i'm sharing abt today is "stop playing the condemning thoughts in your mind over and over again."

then the next day just before 1st service started i was thinking about this and what she said. and i felt like "but my heart won't stop condemning me! how do i stop?" and God showed me.

He told me keep reminding myself of the perfect work of Jesus on the cross that has removed all my sins. Convince your conscience.

So i sat there muttering under my breath keeping on reminding myself of what Jesus had done for me that i could have the perfect conscience.

and suddenly rite there was this really free feeling. and joy. you know like when you're on this spiritual high u feel happy then like it's really a good feeling but it's not really long lasting. but this one is like a continuous thing that lifts you up and keeps ur joy there.

yeah and praise God that with this i got baptised.

so i realised rite that our conscience needs to know. know it daily the goodness of God. it's something that you know. but we can always know it more.

and the amazing thing was that Pastor Lawrence preached on this last nite at BS.

in the flow man..... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home