Sunday, June 25, 2006

being called mama..

i just got this testimonial from a friend from my musical (he's quite cute and i got to dance w him haha) and he said i sound like his mama! at first i was like WHAT!?! then after that i thought well it may not be a bad thing cos if he meant it as an insult he'd be insulting his mum rite.

then it brought me back to team extreme and TEENZEAL/DARE days. where people used to call me mother. i think i'm like the youngest "adopted (people adopting me that is)" mother. i first became a mother at 15. very very fond memories. some of the people who called me mother were my age and older!

thinking about it, he's quite in the flow. i mean this guy's never seen the motherly side of me for heaven's sake. in the musical i run around and play all day, do pesky things and get piggybacked by my galfriends. i've never been told that i look year one (young) so many times in my life (i'm year 3). the only one time i was motherly to anyone was when another dance partner broke his arm. and he doesn't know my past with the youths in dare (lol. sounds terribly criminal-ish)

i have no idea why he said that. and i have no idea why i'm thinking about it so much. i'm sure it's not because i think he's cute tho.

but wow it's amazing how much memories have come flooding back. reminds me of days when youths used to come and tell me stuff. or the girls just coming for a hug. and having many little siblings. and certain friends. it was such an honour being called that (of course with the occasional feeling of am i that auntie??!!). because i rem when i was first called that in team extreme, cliff my co-leader at that time, told me that it was a position to love the youths. to be the one they could come running to and remind them of the love of their Daddy God. and i got and still get so much love. til today i'm still close to some of them.

another friend used to call me that but he made it clear it was in a good way. the confidante thing i think.

the thing about being called a mother that's cool too is that it means a certain level of maturity. of trust. of love. shi shang zhi you mama hao (chinese haha). i don't know how anyone could think i'm motherly. but well praise God too i guess.

better than auntie.

i just hope no one calls me that thinking i look old or auntie.

charis be secure in ur Jesus!! ok so anyway.. i see it that the maternal instincts that God gave me are still there. so really praise God lol. really :)

2 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so the cup i bought for you 2 christmas ago has finally come to good use.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger ~the Father's Daughter~ said...

haha! i still don't dare to take it out man... i will soon :) thanks for it tho lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home